Friday, June 08, 2007

Sorry :(


It's been a busy couple of days. I'm sorry I didn't write sooner. I keep saying it's going to slow down soon, but WHEN? I only have a few weeks left in the school year so I'm hoping to have a little free time on my hands very soon.

I've attached a photo of Rick and I with my brother-in-law Jeff and our new niece Jacqueline. Jeff is happier than he appears, he just hadn't had much sleep at this point.

We have a couple of graduation parties to attend this weekend, but other than that....we are free to just do nothing. I'm thinking about working outside in my flower beds (unless it starts raining), I need to give the house a little cleaning, but I don't have to iron (since my mom took all my ironing to her house). I didn't even notice my ironing basket was gone until I reached for a shirt out of it, and I found it missing. I put up a little fight, then I thought, "ok, if it makes my mom happy to do my ironing...I'd better let her do it". So thanks mom. You're the best! How do you feel about windows? Just kidding :)

We were at my brother-in-law and sister-in-laws house tonight visiting when we starting talking about our trip to the Dakotas. I discovered tonight that cancer can be a lot like going to the Dakotas..... The trip is long. The road isn't always smooth. It's not necessarily a vacation you signed up for. But if you take the right people with you on the journey, you'll still have a memorable time. I'm going to have fun this summer no matter where I'm at (or what insect is nibbling at my skin - if I'm really lucky, it will be Rick nibbling at it) Ok, enough dirty talk.

Pam got great results from the doctor today about her Boob problems. She meets with the radiation oncologist next week and hopefully gets to start right away with her treatments.
Rick is feeling better each day. He's still burping chemo which he says is disgusting, but he's happy that's all that he's dealing with. My "shingle" ache is under control. It only really bothers me when I slow down too much and start to think about it. If I stay busy, I can work through the pain. Most of the time I try to ignore it.

I think it's time for me to head off to Dreamland.

Oh, before I go, I bought some tickets to see Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband (Dream Big) in Ballard at the Tractor Tavern on June 21st (it's a Thursday night). It's chemo week for Rick so he might not feel up to it, and Amy might be going to Atlanta, so I might have a few extra tickets. I would love to put you on the list if you're at all interested. Let me know.

When you laugh, be sure to laugh out loud.

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: