Thursday, May 24, 2007

Scan Day

I'm down in the lobby of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance while Rick is upstairs drinking some nasty tasting stuff before his CT Scan. I was scanned without/contrast so I didn't have to drink anything (though he tried to make me share his)

I discovered this morning that we are becoming "numb" to pain or discomfort. I dropped an ice chest on my big toe...(one without a toenail) and I when I told Rick about it he said, "oh, it will feel better once it stops hurting". I thought about it for a minute and he was right. I think I must do the same thing to him. Oh, you dropped a log on your shin? Do you need a bandaid? I don't think we are insensitive, I just think we have bigger things to worry about.

I'd better get back upstairs or he'll wonder where I've wandered off to. I'm sure he's already missing me.

I'll write more later.

Love you more than all the people getting better today at Seattle Cancer Care.

Dream Big,
Doreen

No comments: