Monday, May 21, 2007

Results of the Day

Pam's surgery went well. It just didn't start until 3:00 but we had to leave Stanwood by 6:00am to be in Seattle by 7:30am for a bunch of procedures. These all needed to be done before the surgery. She had surgery on both breasts, and under her armpit so they could take a lymph node to see if the cancer had spread. First biopsy of the lymph node came back clear. They are sending it to a pathologist for further reading. She does however have 2 different kinds of breast cancer but they saved both of her "hooters" as she prefers to call them. They were able to just do lumpectomies. Now, she's pretty sure she'll be able to return to her night job, Dancing with the Stars. Is there a chance that just a little bit of normal could pass by us?

I was with Pam all morning by myself until her kids arrived. They told her kids not to go back where their mother was because she was radioactive.....Hello? No one told me to stay away from her. As a matter of fact, I had to walk her up and down the halls. Maybe I had a radiation treatment today and I didn't even know it. Perhaps, I've been healed. Thanks Pam.

Tomorrow is Chemo Tuesday (not to be confused with Taco Tuesday). We have been lucky so far with traffic, chemo treatments, good weather and nice nurses. I feel another great day coming on tomorrow. Besides, I get to spend the day with the love of my life :)

Thanks for all the kind words about my Friendship and Chocolate speech. It wasn't as bad as I thought... I need to get to bed now. I know it seems early, but I've got another busy day ahead of me tomorrow. This health care stuff really takes up a lot of time. I'm going to need a vacation just to re-coup from this week.

Love you more than all the hanging baskets on porches...

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: