Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Man of the Day...


Meet Eric. Our man of the hour/day/week. Eric is a good old buddy of Amy's. He is a retired police officer and Marine. He is funny. Smart. A very hard worker and a darned good gardener.

Eric has been making the rounds today, thatching all of our yards (ALL- as in Amy's, Angie's, Angie's neighbor, Pam's and ours). Who would have thought so much junk could come out of our beautiful green grass? Thatching your yard is a lot like cancer and chemo. You have to get all the bad stuff out before you see the good. Eric is like a little shot of Tarceva. Thanks Eric and kids for all your hard work today. We are so greatful to have you all looking out for us :)
I wasn't much help today, but I did provide my workers with a nice lunch. I know it doesn't seem like a fair trade but I really do appreciate it.

Our new furniture came this afternoon. It's beautiful. Dark brown leather now compliments our new carpet, floors and paint. I feel like we live in a new house. Stop by if you're in the area. I'd love to see you. (But...Please remove your shoes) Our house was completed 20 years ago this week. We moved in then had Easter in our new house the same weekend. It seems like only yesterday...

I've got an early morning tomorrow. Pam and I will be leaving by 5:30am to head back to the hospital. We check in at 6:00am. Her surgery is at 7:30. You know the drill. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I'm feeling pretty tired tonight so I think I'll call it a day. You can never have too much beauty sleep. I should have gone to bed at noon!

Sweet Dreams,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think he could head down to our house? We could use some thatching too.

Take care.
-Shellee