Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Day After....

Chemo went as planned. We stopped at Dick's for a burger. Came home. Aunt Fran and Uncle Chuck stopped by for a nice little visit. I made dinner. Went over and played with my niece for a little bit (she was driving her mom a little crazy...and she was asking for AUNTIE), came home and went to bed. Then sometime in the wee hours, Rick started feeling nauseous. Luckily for us we have 4 different kinds of nausea pills to choose from and the first ones seemed to work (but not immediately). I got him a cold rag for his head, rubbed his back and he seemed to feel a little better. Once the nausea hit however, I could tell it was going to be a restless night. We tossed and turned for a long time, finally fell asleep and we didn't wake up (except to take phone calls) until 10:30am. I think the sleep did us both good. I feel a little congested today but hopefully it's just from being in bed for so long.

Today, I'm working from home. My sub (who is actually my new friend Sheryl) is at the office, but I have a couple of things I'm working on that will be much easier to do without interruption at home. Rick just decided he should go to work for an hour or two. He needs to check the mail, make some calls and go to the bank. I told him I would be down there to get him if he stayed too long. We (or maybe it was just me) decided that "I'm the boss on days when he's getting chemo...and he still has his fanny pack on, so watch out".

The other day I mentioned that I was going to speak at an occasion in May and I thought...what will I say? Well, while Rick was getting his chemo and sleeping at the hospital yesterday, I started to write, and write, and write... The words just kept flowing. I'm not sure how good it is but it was easier than I thought.

I'd better go now. I've got things to do. Stuff to clean. Shirts to iron.

Dream Big,
Doreen

No comments: