Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring is in the air


We've been out and about the past few days (in celebration of all our good news). Everywhere we look there are daffidols and flowering cherry/plum trees blooming. This is my favorite time of the year (minus the rain). Wait, I think I've said that about the last two seasons. I guess what I'm trying to say is every DAY is my favorite DAY.

Many of you know how upset I was after my initial diagnosis. I wanted to live to see Jake graduate from college and the progress didn't look promising. Apparently, I don't listen very well. It appears I'm going to be healthy and happy for his graduation in May, as is Rick. Jake will be home next weekend for good. I'm looking so forward to it. Not just for us, but for Amy and Angie as well. They have carried the burden very close to their hearts from day one. We all wanted Jake to just keep going to school and not worry about what was going on at home. Amy and Angie have gone to almost every appointment of ours, spent countless hours helping around the house, and stopped by nearly every day just to make sure we were ok. Now, with Jake at home, they'll share the day to day worries between the 3 of them. They will also share the daily joys (which happen more than daily burdens).

We got some great advice from a friend the other day regarding insomnia. She said, she too, dealt with insomnia while she was going through chemo. So instead of fighting it, she used that time to read a book she's been wanting to get to, watch a movie that only comes on at 3am, pray, clean the house, write notes, etc. She figured she had many more years to sleep, so why not enjoy the time while she was awake. That's some of the best advice I've heard. Thanks, Joy! We're going to take you up on that.

Love you more than Popeye loves spinach....Aye, Aye, Aye~
Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: