Sunday, December 03, 2006

Restless Night


It's 2:40 am and I can't sleep. Perhaps, it's because I fell asleep on the couch about 7:30 tonight and I've already had my quota of sleep for the day. Now that I'm wide awake, I'm thinking of you...and I thought you should know.

On Friday night we visited Uncle Chuck, Aunt Fran, Kevin, Andrea & Bella (in Snohomish) before joining and Angie and attending cousin Aly's basketball game. We hadn't seen this part of our family in a while so it was nice to talk and hug and laugh. I know we always say it, but those times are so important. We really need to do it more often.

Before I sit down at the computer, I have a ton of things I want to say. Then, once I get here...writer's block. I might be more motivated if I had a million dollar book deal on the table. Just kidding. You're all the motiviation I need.

Relay for Life in Stanwood will be held the first Friday night and Saturday day in June this year. I'm very excited to be a part of it. On Wednesday the 6th of December at 6:00 at the Stanwood Sports Club they will be having a meeting. If you or someone from your business, organization or club would like to be involved, have them stop by. Community involvement is crucial for an event like this to be successful. When we all do a little, no one has to do a lot! If you have any questions, give me a call and I'll get you the names and numbers of someone to reach. Hope to see you on Wednesday night! (P.S. I'm working with SURVIVORS for this special event, so please let me know of any cancer survivor who might like to join us...all they have to do is show up...we'll take care of the rest)

Another plug...when you get the chance... log on to www.abreathawayfromthecure.org to meet my new friend Bonnie Addario and her incredible family. This is the amazing woman I met in San Francisco who will be my lifelong friend. If you ever need to be inspired, she is the woman to talk to. Bonnie's organization is making changes everyday in the face of lung cancer and I'm proud to be a part of her world!

I've attached a photo of my new Christmas tree. If you take a deep breath you can almost smell the pine (or aspen) (or plastic). Top 5 reasons why I love our new artificial tree...

1. It took 5 minutes to put up (and that included dragging it in from the garage)
2. It doesn't have to be watered.
3. The lights were already on it.
4. No daily vacuuming of pine needs required.
5. No bugs (big bonus)

Oh, now I remember what I was going to write about. I mentioned to Rick that I really love the way the Christmas tree lights up the living room so I was thinking about leaving it up year around. In January, I'll decorate it with Martin Luther King items... Anniversary photos of my parents, pictures of my sister-in-law Dawn in celebration of her birthday... Then February, We'll do it up for Amy & Angie's 30th birthday... Valentine's day...Vickie's & Pam's birthday.... Do you see a pattern? Rick put the "I don't think so" to that idea. So, while I really do love my tree...I guess I will have to wait for December each year to put it up. Reason #12,458 to live. Christmas 2007, 2008, etc.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: