Monday, December 25, 2006

Have yourself a merry little Christmas



Tonight as I sit at my computer in our fabulous new office I can only reflect on the magic of my surroundings. Although, this shouldn't have been one of our favorite holiday weekends, it turned out to be. We were blessed to have our friends and family around us at all the right moments. (And, Santa was very good to us, as usual).

I know I mentioned this yesterday, but I am still amazed that our friends would postpone their Christmas to be with us. Friendships like these are an honor to be a part of. Thank you so much Bobby, Dy, Dave and Val for distracting us from our everyday worries with all your love. I'm not sure how the saying goes but it's something like, "Shared joy is doubled joy, shared sorrow is half sorrow" That is my new way of thinking. If you share good times with people you love, it only gets better. If you share hard times with people you love, they can help us carry the load. Thank you for being our wheelbarrows without even knowing it.

We got a new game called Apples to Apples and it is a blast! We must have played it 5 or 6 times in the past few days. With games...comes laughter...with laughter comes smiles...and boy do we need them right about now.

Now that we are home alone it is time to face the realities of what tomorrow might bring. I am hopeful that Rick will start his treatment/surgery within the next few weeks so we can move ahead. I know it isn't going to be easy, but easy is over-rated. It's the hard stuff that makes us stronger. Those of you who know us well, can't possibly think this is going to break our spirit.

God Bless,
Doreen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bigger circle of prayers to enfold you and your family. All good thoughts to you. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Doreen and Rick:

Thank you so much for letting us share some of your Christmas Eve. As we all know, family is the greatest gift, and when our kids make our family circle bigger it makes life better.

Love,

Karen

Anonymous said...

Both of you have been in my thoughts all day. I had a CT scan this morning early, mentioned you to my technician and we both said a prayer for each of you. All good things to you and your family. sandy