Monday, October 30, 2006

Day #195





The only bad part about writing a blog each day is coming up with the title. So, tonight I counted the days since I was diagnosed and named it #195. I was shocked and amazed. 195 days. 4,680 hours. 140,400 minutes. (I was going for the seconds ...but you know the problem ...math) Please be impressed with tonights numbers. I did use a calculator, but that is irrelevant.

I have had some very touching moments lately with old friends, new friends, and family. I would like to share a couple of them with you. On Saturday, an old friend (she's not old...we've just known each other for a long time) Linda Zimmer, stopped by Haggen's while we were raising money for A.B.A.F.T.C. She was diagnosed not long ago with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Though she didn't have much hair (it's starting to grow back), she looked as beautiful as ever (she never forgets to put her lipstick on) and her attitude was amazing. I was inspired just by talking to her. Her prognosis is good and her outlook is even better. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She's a great lady.

My children were all home for Football Sunday. We had their favorite brunch (my version of eggs benedict made with crossiants). Though it was a nice idea to have us all together, I didn't feel very well, so after brunch I layed down and slept through the entire game and all the laughter. When I woke up, they were all gone and the kitchen was cleaned up. I think I over did it this past weekend with Jacob home, my mom's birthday and a houseful on Sunday. Perhaps I should spread out my exciting times so I don't burn out all at once.

I'm attaching a few photos from the fundraising festivities last Saturday. I am so grateful to my friends and family for their countless hours of dedication to my cause and the abundance of love they give me. What would I do without them?

I had a weird little scare today (and not of the Halloween type). Last December when I developed my first case of pneumonia, I remember going for a walk and breathing in cold air. I could still feel the air in my chest the next day and within a couple of days I became very sick. This morning, I got in my car (in the garage) and drove to work. When I got out, I breathed. And, in came cold air...right in the middle of my chest. I can still feel it, though it's not bad. I just realized that today was the first frost we've had since my diagnosis. I will wear one of my many scarves around my mouth when I'm outside during this weather. The last thing I want to do is get "pneumonia".

Please have a very safe and happy halloween tomorrow. Don't forget to check the mini 3 musketeer bars "for safety sake". Let me know if you need my help.

I love you more than all the kids dressed up like clowns at Halloween. (yes Amy, Angie and Jake...other people dress their children up like clowns too, and they like it!)

Boo...
Dor

P.S. The photos (taken by our own Larry Libby) are of Jacob Schmitt (my baby boy) and my friend with the Copper Penny hair, Pam Erickson in photo #1, then the 2nd picture is of Me, Jordan Northrup, Kelly Lloyd ,Peggy Taylor & Morgan Osborne ~ in the front (my own personal dream team), then finally a photo of Doreen (the one without lipstick) & Linda (the pretty one with the lipstick)

No comments: