Thursday, October 26, 2006

Breakthrough

If you get a chance, check out this article. http://blogs.king5.com/archives/2006/10/lung_cancer_det.html

A year ago, I would never have dreamed that hearing the words LUNG CANCER BREAKTHROUGH would be such sweet music to my ears. It seems so weird to me how lung cancer is in the news and in magazines now more than I can ever remember. Are they realizing the devastation it is having in the medical world? If I have done nothing else in my lifetime, I hope that I have brought awareness into each of your lives. Not just about lung cancer, but about being an advocate for your own health. Take care of yourselves. Take care of your loved ones. Ask questions. Demand answers. I've never felt like my doctors did anything wrong, but what I didn't do was push for an answer sooner. I knew something was very wrong. With lung cancer, time is your enemy.

Today was another spectacular day. I had lunch with my dear friend Cathy. I never seem to get enough of the people I love. I need more days in the week so I can spend additional quality time with my husband, children, parents, family and friends. When it's daylight savings time do we gain a day? Wouldn't that be great? I think we could all use it. (I would like it to be a weekend day if at all possible). Yes, I've just decided, we are turning our clocks back one day instead of one hour. I'm going to call it Funday. It will be the day after Saturday and the day before Sunday. I've already got some things planned.

My Breath Away From the Cure Fund is growing everyday. I cannot thank my generous friends and family for their donations. My goal was to take a check in the amount of $2,500 to San Francisco with us when we go in November. I'm happy to say, we've done much better than that, thanks to you!

Time to get some beauty sleep. I hope I wake up before next week.

Love you more than all the halloween candy that has already been consumed (and we're still a few days away)

Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning Homegirl....

Boy did you nail it right on the head!! Be your own Advocate!!I'll never forget a Doctor saying to me when I thought that I was having heart issues, "Your too young and Pretty to be having heart problems??? Bad Doc. and most are not like that, but researching and knowing your own body is the teller of all...

I thank you for all the Pds. that I've lost, the motivation I feel each and every day Because you started me in the right direction.. I love you soo much for making me see that I can and will be healthier from this point on....

And I am down with an extra day!! Good times with no cares!!! Love ya like a Big Mac with no bun and no sauce, and no salt....Wow, what's left?? Peace out Slice.. Pegster