Friday, October 20, 2006

6 months

Yesterday I hit the 6 month mark. Yahoo! I'm amazed each day at how wonderful life really is. Nothing special to report in the health department other than I have really hard time getting up in the mornings...not just the usual "oh is it time to get up already?" but more the "I can't get out of bed yet, please just let me sleep a little longer" problem. Work has been great about it. I try to adjust my day according to the time I arrived. As long as I put in the hours and get my work done I think they're just happy I show up.

The girls hope to head over to Pullman this weekend to visit Jacob. I know he gets sad when he's not around family very much, so they thought it would be fun to spend special time with him. I hope it works out that they can go. I know they'll have a great time.

I have a little thought to share...
As someone who works with kids everyday, I find that people are quick to tell you when a child has done something wrong. Speaking from experience, tell a child and/or their parent when you've noticed they've done something right. It's amazing when you look at the other side of the coin how shiny it really is. (Attention: This is not just for kids. You'll be surprised how adults respond to positive affirmation when you've noticed they've done something well)

Today seemed to be a random blog. But for those of you who know me...I tend to be random sometimes. Like today. I'd better head to work so I don't have to stay until midnight.

Please do me a favor today and perform a random act of kindness. You'll be surprised how good it makes you feel.

Dream Big,
Doreen

P.S. Disneyland just announced their newest slogan: The year of a million dreams....
I made my reservations yesterday. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others."
--Haim Ginott

Happy anniversary!
--Dave in MT