Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August Already?


Where has the time gone? Jake is getting ready to head back to college for his Senior year to become a teacher, Amy is heading off for officer training classes in Texas (she will be a Captain in the Air Force Reserves, soon - Congratulations Amy), Angie will be back at Shoultes Elementary to educate 500 little minds before we know it (they just love her), and I go back to the office in about a week and a half. When Rick gets off work for the day and there is hay cut down someplace, he helps his dad and nephew until late in the evening. I think that is about done as well.

I've learned recently that many people check this blog on a regular basis. So, when I slack...you notice. Since Jake and Amy will be away soon, I'm promising to put a blog together daily to keep them up on what's happening (as well as all of you).

I was blessed yesterday with some visitors from Idaho. Steve Novotny (a former teacher at SHS) and his wife Tony(a former teacher at Utsalady Elementary) stopped by and we visited for almost the entire day. It was wonderful seeing them. Later that evening, my brother in law, sister in law and niece came over for dinner. (Jeff defrosted too many steaks so he needed someone to help eat them...we volunteered)

Health update: Skin - VERY DRY, Throat - Very Dry, Heals - VERY VERY DRY and cracked, (I'm beginning to see a pattern) I must say I've been a little more exhausted than usual, but I have had some very busy events happen lately. I still have a bit of a headache at times and my leg cramps are few and far between. The lungs? Oh, they're still there with cancer....but we're working hard to keep it from spreading. So far, so good. I've just entered another month...Hello August!

I love you more than all the candy that will be thrown at the Stanwood Camano Parade on Saturday morning.

Dream Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM one of those people that check out your blog every morning....right after my first cup of coffee. You make me laugh, cry, remind me to live each day, and to DREAM BIG!
Susan Koetje