Thursday, August 31, 2006

Answered Prayer..

Today when I got home from work, I checked my e-mails. (For those of you who read my "pity party blog" last night, you knew I was in a desperate search for something. What, I'm not sure...but I knew I was missing something in my life.) So, one of my e-mails today was from a woman named Kay from the Lung Cancer Alliance. She saw my photo on "the faces of lung cancer - I'll tell you about that later" and heard my wishes for wanting to do something to educate the public about this horrid disease. She asked if she could contact me next week to see if I would be willing to be an advocate for lung cancer in Washington State. Hello? That's what I was needing. I need to be hooked up with other people who want to fight for our lives...starting at the state level.

I remember when I was younger (still in high school), I wanted to serve on a city council one day. Luckily for me, we never lived in the city limits so I couldn't run. (Where would I have found the time or the energy?) Maybe, I was suppose to save all my good stuff (whatever that might be) and show it off at our State Capitol for the "breath of life law" or the "dream big initative". Ok, now I'm getting carried away, but I feel like I may have found that "thing" I was talking about. I'm participating in my life...

Rick and I, along with his sister Vickie and brother-in-law Tom went to the Seahawk game tonight after work. For those of you who have never been to Quest field, it's a special treat. For those of you who haven't been to Quest field at Sunset, it's like Heaven. The sky was a beautiful pink, you could see the ferry boats leaving the harbor, the weather was a perfect 75 degrees, and the Seahawks won. I'm not sure it gets much better. We had a good time (went to Dick's before the game) and we got to spend some quality time with Vickie and Tom. I think the Seahawks are going to be fun to watch again this year.

Enjoy your Friday. I know I will!

Love you more than all the germs in a football players duffle bag. Ick!

Dreaming Big,
Dor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! I couldn't think of a better speaker!!!! Its amazing to me how things just fall right sometimes. " You Go Girl"


You let me know if there is anything you need... Well, you let us all know cuz I know that each and everyone that reads this blog wants to be apart of helping.. You totally are an amazing woman, I admire you so much...

Love you Sweet Doreen, AKA Homeslice!!:)Pegster A.k.A Your "Piece"

Anonymous said...

You wil be perfect for the job and the support that will follow - call upon all of us, you know we are there:) You were looking your usual WONDERFUL last night, keep dreaming you wear it well.

Love you more than all the Spartan T-shirts I saw last night.

Kelly