Friday, July 07, 2006

I'm Back...

Good morning my friends. I made it back from Eastern Washington though I nearly melted. Luckily there were cold beverages and a cool pool. That is the "life". I read a couple of books, did a ton of Suduko (number crossword game...I'm addicted...thanks Angie), watched movies and just enjoyed my husband's company. (Though, he worked his rear off in the yard...and he didn't have much rear to start with)

On Wednesday, I went on my first real wine country excursion with some of our Desert Aire family. Rick went to Othello in the morning for business so he sent me in good hands. (oh, that and he doesn't like wine) We went to 5 wineries in Prosser. Here's what I learned....the grapes from 2002 made wonderful wines. Don't judge a winery by it's cover (I'm known for buying wine as gifts for the "cute" label on the front....not always a good idea). Go on tours with people who know about wines and agree with them. ;) I had a blast and I've been renamed the Wine Diva. Apparently, I have a talent for "nosing" the bouquet. (Sounds important so I'm going to tell everyone)

I have an appointment in Seattle on Monday at the Cancer Care Alliance. I'm anxious to start my routine down there. Everything about it seemed top notch. I'll let you know more about my progress after the visit.

Have a wonderful time with your family and friends this weekend.

Hugs & kisses,
Dor

No comments: