Thursday, June 15, 2006

School's Out For Summer



Today was the last day of school for the year. We had our customary end of the school year luncheon, with singing from a few of our teachers, a marshmallow food fight for Mr. Piccolo's last lunch duty, lots of laughs, and many staff members leaving the district, retiring, or moving to different positions within our school. We said our good-byes, sent our well wishes, and gave hugs...but this time for me it was different. I've never ended a school year with such uncertainty. I've always crammed to get my work complete by the end of June, but then couldn't wait to get back in early August. I'm not feeling that way right now. As a matter of fact, I'm having a hard time feeling anything. I get to work after everyone else has already started in the mornings, and leave before they are done for the day. Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown's teacher is in the office....wah, wah, wah, wa....No real words or emotions. Just doing the work. Not near the fun. Not near the excitement. I'm sure this is just one of the phases I will go through during my journey with cancer...I'm just not liking it.
Did I just sound like Debbie Downer from Saturday Night Live? Ok enough of that!

We had fresh copper river salmon for dinner tonight and it was great. Rick went to Costco today and surprised me with it (I think I've been whining about wanting some for a week or so), and I went to Haggen and surprised him with some (since I'd been whining about it). The real surprise is...we'll be having salmon all weekend since we bought out the "Copper River". Love is funny sometimes...

I recorded my new favorite tv program (Windfall) on my TIVO tonight. It doesn't start until 10:00 and I don't think I'll make it that late. Gotta go get my pj's on. :)

I love you more than all the copper river salmon in my refrigerator....
Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SuperDor,
I love you more than all the marshmallows flying through the air today!
Neener