Monday, June 05, 2006

My "Dandies"


I know I've talked about the Dream Teams a lot lately, but make no mistake that the Dandie's hold a very special place in my heart. The team consisted of some amazing men in my life. Our dear friend, Bill Gum instrumented this group of gentlemen who did whatever was asked of them, whenever it was asked. Many of them stayed through the night honoring those they had lost or who were still fighting the battle of cancer.

I hope that one day (10 years from now) I will stand before you as a strong survivor and thank each of you personally for being a part of saving my life. However, no matter how long I live, please know that you have made my life rich in love and hope just by being you!

Thank you Bill, Rick, Jake, Dad, Uncle Richard, Nate, Tod, Zach, Dan G., Dan L., John, Dan H. (and Linda for the goodies), Dick, Terry, Stan & Curt - You're my heros!

Dream Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doreen...After reading your beautiful comments, the Dandies called an emergency meeting...and we've all signed long term contracts. We're YOUR team forever...as long as you will continue to lead us around the track. The recognition you have given us here and your constant display of appreciation throughout the weekend means far more to us...and will last much longer... than any team award or symbolic trophy we could have "won" at the Relay. Now we can all individually reflect on what those hours meant to us, yet together, we can share the pride of being on your team and the friendships that evolved throughout that drizzly all-nighter. Yes, we are YOUR DANDIES, and I hope you have to put up with us for a very, very long time.
Bill