Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's me again..

Amy once said on the blog, "I can't think of anything good about my mom getting lung cancer". Though I agree with her...I feel so fortunate to actually feel good enough to do all the things that make my heart happy. Besides staying in bed longer in the mornings and staying at work for a shorter time period each day...my life has been enriched with FUN. Yesterday in Seattle was a spectacular day. Janeen and I had a ball. Luck followed us everywhere. From great location in the parking lot, to the 1/2 price tickets, to our $5 appetizers (at a very fancy restaurant's "happy hour"), my "cheap" new blouse, then our final parking spot...we couldn't have hand picked better results. A blanket in the theatre might have helped (the air conditioning almost gave us frostbite) Menopause the Musical was delightful and very funny. Thanks Neener for your friendship and a wonderful day!

I think we may have decided on a vacation spot (In Canada). I'll tell you all about it later when we confirm everything. Thanks for all your ideas. Relaxation and family are what appeal to me the most right now...so I think we're going to skip the airplane rides and crowds for a while.

I know I've been saying this for days, but I think today might be my last day at work for the summer. I have a hard time staying away from the place when I get to see my friends each day. Work shouldn't be a job. It should be your home away from home. Mine certainly is. I am blessed. :)

I was just going to get in the shower and fix my hair and make-up but, I think I might wear my Superman hat and flip flops to the office today instead. When you've got an amazing life like I do, it's hard not to feel like a Superhero!

When you laugh, be sure to laugh out loud, cuz it will carry all your cares away!

Dream Big,
Dor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Doreen!
I finally have had a chance to read your blog and I am happy to hear you are feeling better. I have a corny I love you more than...
I love you more than any " I know I'm not on the committee but.."
Take Care and Stay Strong.
Michelle Tull
Relay for Life

Doreen said...

Ok, for those of you who don't get it....I was at a relay for life meeting with committee members and I had some ideas to share. I started each of my ideas with, "ok, I know I'm not on the committee, but...." Apparently, I did it a lot! Thanks Michelle for an awesome job at the Stanwood Relay for Life. Great work!
Doreen

Anonymous said...

Reener,
It was a wonderful day, wasn't it?!
I knew it would be, even if we didn't get 1/2 price tickets, $5 appetizers, a waitress that was almost as goofy as us, a drink that we named "ReenerNeener", great parking, a blouse that is perfect for you, and a guy in the audience that made us laugh nearly as much as the musical! Our day was destined to be great, just as we were destined to be friends.

I love you more than all the times the words "Hot Flash" were used in Menopause the Musical.

I'm glad you're not going to the office because when you're there then I want to be there.

Love and Squeezes!
Neener

P.S. to Rick, I think Doreen wants to go to Paris for your 30th wedding anniversary.