Thursday, May 18, 2006

Overwhelmed by Love...


Hello Friends,

I know I haven't written much in the last few days, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about all of you. Today I went down to Eagles Nest to help place the order for t-shirts for "Doreen's Dream Team" and when I walked in the girls working there had on "Love Doreen" shirts. I nearly cried. My daughter and I went into the American Legion to drop off a packet for one of our team members and displayed all over the walls are "SuperDor" photos with kind words written on them from community members. I am very humbled by your love and support. There are no words to express my gratitude to you. So, instead, I send a hug and a smile. My husband, children, parents and extended family thank you for all you've done and continue to do for us. We will be forever grateful to this community and our friends.

Health Related Issues: I'm feeling great. No rash. Just very dry skin. I'm tired (but who isn't?) My cough is almost non-existent...I'd say the pneumonia is gone, but apparently I never had pneumonia. Now if we could just work on the cancer...

Hope to see you at the Relay for Life.

Dream Big,
Doreen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Schmitt,
I am a long lost friend of your daughters as well as having just become aquainted with your tremendous son.
Know what I do of your family, I can't think of a better support staff anyone could have!
You should be so proud of all of them, as the bible tells us that a man (or woman) can be judged by their offspring. We're told that children are like arrows in a hunter's quiver. Mrs. Schmitt, you are well armed for this battle!
Many prayers and much love from a huge admirer of you and yours.
Jason Noble

Anonymous said...

I love you Doreen. I'm thankful to be apart of your life and looking forward to honoring you in the Relay for Life walk. You just remember "CCKMA!" GO, FIGHT, WIN. Have a great Saturday,get your rest - See you Sunday.

XOXOXOXO +

Morgan