Thursday, May 25, 2006

1 Month Check Up Results - Great News


When I got to work on Tuesday morning before my appointment, (my friend) Janeen said she had invisioned the x-ray the Dr. would be taking that day to show little cancer cells "taking cover and screaming out....ok, ok, I give up. We didn't realize who we were messing with". Though it wasn't quite like that, my oncologist's office called yesterday afternoon to inform me that there was a definate change (for the better) on my x-ray after only one month of Tarceva.
The Dr.'s office was as excited about these results as I was. I knew my cough was better and my drowning feeling had nearly gone away. I've been saying all along that if someone is going to beat this thing...why not me? They still say it's not cureable but stopping the mutation of the cancer cells is a win-win situation.

Next month I will have a new Chest CT Scan that will determine what's really going on inside. Thanks again for all your support and prayers.

Dream Big,
Love ~ Dor

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Doreen,
I never had any doubt...Keep up the good work Tarceva(sp)? So glad to hear some very encouraging news this morning! By the way, have been looking at some of the pictures on this site and noticed your husband is wearing quite a bit of gray (in his beard) these days. Tell him I think it becomes him...Love ya Doreen! Karla

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY FOR THE GREAT NEWS,IT FOR SURE MAKES MY DAY!!
LOVE YA GIRLFRIEND,
CLH

Anonymous said...

Doreen, I am so glad to hear that your Dr. visit went well. We are all pulling for you, I know that you are going to beat this. Take care.

Love, Shellee :)

Anonymous said...

My Queen Doreen!!

Your Laughter, Smile, and strength has been stunning and wonderful, I had NO doubts that you would have some good news!! Keep those spirts High Homeslice, and better days are ahead!! Love you Like a Fat Kid Loves Cake!!! Yes, and I'd say anything to make you smile!! Peg

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Remember I said the 23rd would be a good day for you?! I couldn't be happier for your good news! It makes my day -you are AWESOME!
Love, Andrea

Anonymous said...

Mom, although your doctor couldn't confirm that the cancer cells were crying out and running for cover, I prefer to visualize it that way. Is that ok with you?

We should be called "TEAM TARCEVA"!

Love you,
AJ

Anonymous said...

Oh... mom... you almost did it. You almost said the name Janeen without saying (my friend) before it. :) It's ok, I won't tease you. In fact, I'm sure nobody had a clue who you were talking about had you not mentioned it was your friend from work.

I just attached this picture of you two in case people were still confused.

I'm happy the Tarceva is working... although I had no doubt it would.

Lots of love....

Anonymous said...

That's great news, Dor! If anyone can beat this, it's you! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and sending good energy vibes your way everyday! I love you!

Love, Mel