Saturday, April 29, 2006

Isn't life funny sometimes?


Hello my friends...Yesterday my insurance company denied paying for my new "miracle medicine - Tarceva". It's too expensive and I haven't had chemo yet, so they've decided I'll need to try something else first. This drug was originally designed to be given after a Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer patient had tried chemotherapy and failed. However, due to this lung cancer being classified as "rare", my amazing team of doctors have decided to treat me unconventionally.. hopefully without making me really sick in the process. Regence Blue Shield thinks differently. I just opened my appeal case yesterday with the manufacturer of Tarceva and I have a few new "best friends" who are working diligently to change the minds of the insurance company. I thought we had a rough road ahead of us with lung cancer, but it appears our biggest rival might be the insurance company. I'll learn the appeal outcome later this week and keep you all posted. "DREAM BIG" All my love, Doreen

No comments: