Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birthday Thursday

Although my spirits are up, I've sort of been waiting for the hammer to drop when it comes to bad chemo days. Well today came and went (along with the last 2 days) and it hasn't been too bad. I did have a massage today and even though it was very nice, I think it worked out the toxins in my body. So, this afternoon, I was feeling the aftermath of a headache.

I've been looking forward to this afternoon because the ladies from work were meeting in Mt. Vernon to celebrate Sheryl (my replacement at work) and my birthday (they are both on the same day just 5 years apart). Janeen picked me up (even with a little headache remaining) and we scooted off to have some fun. Now that I'm home, and the headache is nearly gone, I'm so glad I went. Sometimes cancer can get the best of us and to be honest, I'm sick of it taking my fun away.

This weekend is our Relay Barn Dance (not a lot different than the hoe-down I just attended in California) but rather than celebrate a birthday, we'll be raising the money and the ROOF.

Tonight is a big TV night...I know I need to get a life. Grey's Anatomy is going to be a good one and I'm hoping they vote "Coach" off on Survivor. Other than that, I'm hoping for a good night's rest and a healthy day again tomorrow.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama Bear-

I couldn't agree with you more... on everything. Coach is a weirdo and Izzy is bringing sexy back with the new bald hair-do. I can't wait for TV tonight.

I'm glad you had fun with the girls, and even happier that you are still in the same condition I left you in yesterday. I will see you tomorrow.

Hugs and Kisses-
Baby Bear

Anonymous said...

Is it a Hoe Down or a hootenanny? I never knew the difference.

Joey