Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

I'm so sorry that I didn't write sooner to tell you about our day yesterday. When I got to my appointment, I pleaded to Dr. Eaton to let me have chemo (because I had already missed 3 treatments due to weather, wedding and infection). I didn't need to plead very hard, because he had already decided I could have it. Everything went as planned. I slept like usual, woke up this morning feeling sore in the joints but otherwise pretty good.

Rick had his second treatment with Erbitux (and some other toxins) and he too was sleepy all afternoon and into the early evening. His problem was after midnight when he couldn't sleep at all so he was pretty exhausted today.

Angie and Shannon were little angels with us throughout the day. I need to stop being so stubborn about Rick and I going to these appointments alone. It is so helpful to have another set of ears listening and someone else there to ask questions that we might not think about.

My parents brought dinner to us so when we finally woke up, we had a nice dinner waiting for us. My dad sneaks to our house regularly and does little odd jobs to help make our life easier. Isn't it suppose to be me helping my parents as they get older? This just doesn't make any sense!

Tomorrow is a big day for me. It's a follow up scan that will determine whether or not I can continue with the clinical trial. No matter what the outcome, I'm certain that I will have more options to choose from. If all goes well, I'll have chemo again on Friday.

In closing, I want to wish my Mom and Dad a happy 53rd wedding anniversary. What a wonderful example of love you taught me.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

KCina said...

Aren't parents the best!! ;-)

Sending lots of virtual hugs & prayers to you guys!

~ Kathy (Relay friend in Oregon)