Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Friends

When I first woke up this morning, I was so thankful for feeling much better than I had the 2 days prior. Then, I kissed my husband and realized how thankful I am that he is still here to kiss. As the day went on, I saw my children...and who couldn't be thankful for their love and support and generosity and did I mention love? Then I got to my sister in laws house where the aroma of the turkey filled the kitchen and I couldn't help but be thankful for the food we were about to eat. I'm thankful for the laughter and family chemistry that always makes holidays "interesting" to say the least. Later in the afternoon, my parents stopped by Vickie and Tom's and I was thankful that I got to see them on this special day as well. When the day of THANKS was coming to an end, Vickie and I decided to see the movie "Four Christmases" and I was so thankful for the constant laughter that filled the theater. What a wonderful day I had.

We took a bunch of photos today that turned out great. Amy will get on line soon and add those to today's blog. I hope you enjoy them. I think the photo session might have been the highlight of the day. We giggled through the entire photo shoot...

It's now time for bed. Another big day in Seattle for chemo. I'm looking forward to spending the day with my dear friend Jan and her daughter Sarah. I tried to talk them into shopping at 5:00am before we head down for my appointment at 11:00 but they weren't buying my idea. The appointment will be shorter than usual since the doctors have the day off. I just have to have my bloodwork done, then have my infusion. No doctors visit. Maybe, if I stay awake...they'll do a little Christmas shopping with me on the way home?

I hope your Thanksgiving was all you'd hoped for and a little bit more.

Dreaming about more pumpkin pie...
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful that you and your family have come into my life. Many blessing to you on this day.