Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white April...?

I spent a great day helping my friend Cathy celebrate her last day in the 40's. She's going to do just fine as an older woman. I could tell by the way she was handling her walker this afternoon. Ok, just kidding...she doesn't look a day over 35 and I'm jealous.

I'm still tired but I'm not ready to go to bed yet. We went to an auction tonight and bought a few things in support of our sister-in-law Dawn's MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group. The dinner was good and the entertainment was fun. On the way home (I was driving) I had to pull over because I couldn't see in front of me. It was like driving in a blizzard. I frightened everyone in the car so Rick insisted on driving instead. For safety's sake.

I'm not sure what's going on with our weather but I'm now thinking of planting plastic flowers in my flower beds. This might be the only way to guarantee colorful blooms that don't freeze. When is that "safe" time frame to get your plants in the ground?

I'm going to take a little something for my cough tonight. It's a little more annoying than usual and I'm sure this weather doesn't help.

Be safe...don't drive in this stuff unless you have to. Amy gets home from her vacation tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with the blizzard conditions.

Love you more than all the snowflakes in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
Thanks for a wonderful day!! We won't tell anybody about the "funnel Cake" with powder sugar flying all over us! MMMMM!!!
Have fun celebrating your 2 year survival mark tomorrow. You are sooooo amazing!!
Love you Much older friend, Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi, I work with Jake @ Cedarhome. I am his assistant for his reading class. I have 2 girls 11 & 13 and can only hope they grow up to be special human beings, like your son. No wonder he is so cool, he has you for a mom !
I know it's his b-day tomorrow and wanted to get him a favorite snack or treat that he likes from the kids and I. Can you help me?