Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whiner Wednesday...

I was going to speak on the radio on Thursday or Friday, but when the hosts heard that I was a stage 4 lung cancer patient, they said the thought they should talk to someone with a little more hope. I suggested they call me on the phone to talk...I'm not sure you can find anyone with more hope than me. I've heard that another DJ from the station is interested in talking to me instead...so I'll make sure he knows my middle name is "NEVER GIVE UP". I won't need to do much talking...I'll just keep them laughing, that ought to be enough evidence of hope.

That just sounded bitter. It wasn't. It was sadness. I have so much to share about hope and happiness that it makes me sad to think that a diagnosis like mine means there is no happy ending. I just filled my 21st bottle of Tarceva. It doesn't get much happier than that ~ for the moment anyway :)

I just had the chance this past week to communicate with a stage 4 lung cancer patient in California who never smoked and has been trying all kinds of alternative treatments for her cancer. None of which have been working. Her doctor e-mailed me and asked if I could share my story. I did, and she is now trying Tarceva. I believe that was a divine intervention... Let's hope she has the same success with it that I've had.

I'd better get going now so I can get pretty for my speaking engagement tonight. It doesn't start until 6:30 and I need all the time I can get.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: