Monday, September 17, 2007

I can't get this smile off my face...

Today at work I got a call from Bonnie (from San Francisco) that she had some very exciting news to share with me. Amy asked her to call and break the news about coming to California and being a guest in Ellen's audience. I'm am SO EXCITED. I'm trying not to smile so much because my laugh/smile lines are deepening as I speak. Bonnie will be joining the girls and I for a couple of great days. :)

There are few special things planned for us in the coming week some of which I don't really know a lot about . We're leaving on Saturday and returning on Tuesday night. This is one of those unforgettable memories that all people should get a chance to experience. Girls weekend in California :)

Tomorrow is chemo day for Rick (as well as a scan day). His buddy Dave has been asking for a long time if he could take Rick to a chemo treatment and we agreed on tomorrow. I didn't realize that I would be taking a sabbatical by then or I could have taken him. I'm sure they'll have a great day...

I'm not positive, but I think the Ellen show will air one day after we're in the audience. I'll post many more blogs between now and then. Thank you for all the letters and memos you sent to the show (don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about) Amy and Angie told me the truth. I'm sure Ellen just wants me to come to the show so people will stop sending e-mails :)

I'll keep you posted if any more big surprises come in.

Dreaming Big...and Happy,
Dor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
I hope you have the time of your life. I'm taping every day next week of the Ellen show so I don't miss you. I expect to see a dancing Doreen when I turn on the tube.
Dreaming about dancin',

Dixie (Heather's mom)

Jennie said...

Hi Doreen,
You don't know me but I heard your daughters at Summit. What an AWESOME ACS story they have to tell. I've been reading some of your blogs and have recommended it to my committee for my Relay to read. I'm the chair for the Port Angeles Clallam County Relay. I am truly honored to say that I fight back for people like you. People who don't give up themselves even when their body wants them to. Have fun with Ellen and I can't wait to see the show.
Jennie