Sunday, March 18, 2007

I've been slacking on the blog lately, sorry :( With all that has been going on lately, you'd think I'd have more to write about). Actually, I do. I just don't seem to sit down long enough to put it in words.

Angie was very sick with the flu last weekend, so Amy took care of her so Rick and I wouldn't be in jeopardy of catching it. This weekend, Amy has it. I don't think she's been off the bathroom floor or out of bed since Saturday morning. Isn't it nice how our girls still share? Hopefully, they haven't given it to anyone else.

I heard a saying the other day (I think it's from a new Sally Field's movie) and is was something like this... I love all my children equally, just not the same. Our kids always tease each other about which one is loved more, or that mom likes me better.... Doesn't that line just sum it up? We all love our children equally. But, we love each of them for their own unique, wonderful way. Pass that on...

Tomorrow is Rick's updated CT Scan. I feel really confident that we are going to get good news on Tuesday after they've read the report. He has been doing so well. Besides the few days when he is actually getting the chemo you wouldn't know he was sick. I think he's still cuter than ever. We'll send out the good news on Tuesday when we return from Seattle.

My baby boy (Ok, he's almost 22) went back to Pullman for the last time as a student today. He'll be heading back home on the 29th to begin his life as an educator and adult. As Rick and I look at our life, we're not sure it gets much better than this. Our children all have their degrees, they're healthy (except for the flu), they are kind and generous souls, and we fall asleep and wake up with the love of our life everyday.

Tomorrow is my 11th month diagnosis anniversary. It appears I'm going to be that 1 in 5 that I told you about. Someone had to survive that first year and I volunteered to be the one. Thank you all for your continued support and love over these past months. I'm not going to let you down. I ordered new furniture this weekend and it has a 7 year guarantee. I intend to last longer than the warantee on my sofa and chairs.

Love you more than all the tulips that are ready to bloom in Skagit Valley.

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: