Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Rambling On... Version #175

Yesterday was a weird one for me. I cried many times for no reason. Ok, yes...there are some reasons, but I thought I had it all together. Is this what they call denial? If so, I think I have it.
The worst part about being so emotional is the lack of control. You cry or (blubber) at the strangest moments. I've lived for the day I would see my final child graduate from college. Yesterday we got information about his cap/gown and announcements in the mail. You guessed it. I bawled like a baby.

I know I've mentioned how proud we are of our children but let me tell you a little story. By no means do I think they are better than others, but I do think they are wiser than most. Rick and I started out our life as young parents. We didn't go to college (I went to beauty school and got my hairdresser's license...) and Rick has been with the same company for over 27 years. However, we've always been hard workers. We provided well, took fun vacations, and built a home filled with love. From the time our children could remember, we always referred to their future with words like "when you go to college, or after you graduate from college", as though there was no other option. In our eyes, there was no other option. We wanted them to have the best opportunities possible and we knew how they could get it. So, here we are. Amy, graduated from Eastern Washington Unviersity with a degree in Criminal Justice, and a masters in Public Administration. Angie, graduated from the University of Alaska, Fairbanks with a degree in Exercise Science, and a masters in Teaching. Now Jake will be graduating from Washington State University with his degree in teaching. How satisfied we are that our children followed their dreams...and the ones we had for them. It didn't matter what they wanted to be, we just wanted them to have a passion for something. I think they've all found it!

I've promised the family I will call about my cough today. It really isn't that bad, but it must be annoying them. I may just go down to my family doc and have him listen to my lungs. I'll keep you up to date if I know anything.

I'm hoping to join my friends for Taco Tuesday today. It was my favorite day with them when I was working. I think part of my emotions might be stemming from missing my old daily routines, but I'm so thankful that I'm able to stay home and take care of myself and my family. I love having the freedom to do the things that bring me joy. :)

We had a terrible night of sleeping...but what's new? We do, however, take naps during the day to make up for it. Rick is still handling the chemo well. Now, let's hope the chemo is taking care of the cancer.

Sorry about all the rambling, but you're probably used to it. Thanks for listening.

Love you more every hour...
Dream Big,
Doreen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kids had great leaders and it is no suprise that they are the people that they have become.

Dave in MT said...

"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about."
~Angela Schwindt