Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The first 24 hours....Going Good!

Today was very uneventful other than Rick really did take it easy until around 3:00pm when he thought he should go to work for a couple of hours. I said ok (since he would have gone anyway) and he was back home as promised before dinner. So far, only mild nausea and fatigue. He has about 18 more hours of his chemo drip then we'll have it removed. Day 1 - down. And we survived! What makes me sad about this whole thing is not that we have cancer, but that it has disrupted our lives and so many of our friends and family's lives. We'll continue to fight this battle with all we have to show you that your efforts, love and prayers did not go un-noticed.

I just got an e-mail from the Lung Cancer Alliance to share the news that they have a new awareness campaign that's hitting the air on Friday. If you want to learn more about it, go to www.lungcancerawareness.com Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Cal Ripkin, Jr. are the new spokesmen. I think that's pretty powerful.

Both of the girls came by today. Amy stopped by on her way to a meeting and Angie brought dinner over tonight. I look at our children carefully now and hope that they are taking care of themselves. Each of them looks exhausted (but cute) and I worry they are spending too much time taking care of everything but themselves. Hopefully, we will get back on a routine that is good for all of us.

Relay for Life is flourishing thanks to many hard working people. You know who you are and I'm very proud of you. Keep up the good work. Who knows, we may meet all our goals by May!

I'm going to head off for some much needed rest.

Dreaming Healthy Dreams,
Doreen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look for the blog, it brightens it up. Take of yourselves (all of you) cause you won't be any good to anybody if your run down yourself. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Take care.

Love you all,
Shellee

Unknown said...

I do not feel disrupted being a part of your lives right now, I feel blessed. Keep fighting.
All our love, Len and Mark.