Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Not every woman is blessed to be surrounded by men in her life that she can truly call "heros".
Again, I'm the lucky one.

On this Father's Day I want to thank my dad who taught me to work hard and be proud of my accomplishments. He loves me unconditionally (and I gave him many opportunities in my younger years to change his mind - Sorry Dad) I love his creative spirit and how I can show him some wood working project that I think would be "cute", and by the end of the day...he's made me a sample (perfectly, I might add). Dad would do anything for anyone. He is a grandpa and father figure to many people. Times were tough for my dad when he was a young child, but through all those trying times he worked hard to make sure his family would be taken care of.
Daddy, you've done your job. Thank you for just being you. Love you more than all the peas at Twin City Foods.

Now, about my Ricky...I've always heard the best way for a father to love his children is to show them how much he loves their mother. Well, I don't think it gets much better than this. He is my best friend, the love of my life, works very hard to provide for his family, is proud of his children, tells me he loves me every day (many times), hugs me when I need it (and even when I didn't know I needed it), likes my cooking, takes me on vacations and makes me laugh. Rick too, would do anything for anyone. I believe this bump in the road that we're now facing will only make our love grow stronger. I know you've all heard me say it many times, but if he could trade me lungs, he would do it. He would walk to the ends of the earth for a cure. Rick will be 50 in a month and all he wants for his birthday is for me to be healthy. Honey, you are the most giving and loving man I know. And, YOU are my HERO.

Happy Father's Day to all of you amazing dads, grandpas, uncles, cousins, brothers, nephews who make your familys proud.

I love you more than all the remote controls in a father's hand...
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dor. Miss you and love you!! Tell Uncle Rick I say happy fathers day and that i love him and miss him to!!
-Nicole
P.S. I love you more then all the money in the world...(at church today the big scrren challenge was about money and how much has been printed and such...so it just popped into my head!!!) Love you!!!