Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Week 3


I hit the 3 week mark today. 21 days with lung cancer. 504 hours...(ok I was going to go on and on but I suck at math...) None the less, I'm here. I feel great. I look fabulous (just kidding)... I'm still smiling :) And I still laugh at my own jokes.

My side effects of Tarceva are still very mild but they are here and that's all that matters. When I picked up my prescription at the pharmacy, I was expecting to see a price of $2,700 for the month but it was acutally $3,599.63 (I only had a $20 co-pay) Imagine those people who don't have heath care? Would they just go untreated? That's the stuff that makes me sad.

Mother's Day will be here soon. If your mother is still around, don't forget to let her know how much she is loved and appreciated. There is NEVER a doubt in my mind.

Good night my friends ~ Dream Big,
Doreen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy Dearest... I mean CLEAN DOREEN...

I would certainly hope you know how much you are loved. As for the rest of your "children" (by the way I am referring to all of the people who call you their other mom....not Angie and Jake)... we are taking Dor away for the weekend to an undisclosed location. Sorry, she is ours this year.

Hugs and Kisses....
Amy

Anonymous said...

Other mother,

It's great to hear that you are a 21 day survivor and counting. Can't wait to see you this weekend at "Base X". :)

Remind me to tell you about this new math technique I learned...

Liz

Anonymous said...

MORNIN SCHMITTS!! CLEAN DOREEN, QUEEN DOREEN, THEY BOTH FIT!! GREAT PICTURE IN THE STANWOOD NEWS.
YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY DOREEN.
LOVE ,
CIN

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you...in your new adventure as a housekeeper. "Clean Doreen" has a nice ring to it! I could use your help, so let me know when your next opening might be.
Enjoy your getaway with your family for Mother's Day.
And best of luck with the new oncologist connection tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you!
Love,
Rosalie and Family

Anonymous said...

I know that I already talked to you today Homeslice, but again I just had to tell you to enjoy your undisclosed weekend with the family, even know I know where you'll be, and don't be surprised if I do show up and bring my closest homegirls!! lol,lol.... Na, you have a blast, and good luck with the Doc. tomorrow K... Biggest Hugs to my girl.... Peg