Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend & 2nd Opinion





Good Morning Friends -

Have I told you lately that I have the greatest family? Rick & the kids took me to Desert Aire for the weekend and it was awesome. The weather was beautiful, the food was good and I was with the ones I love. The kids bought me a TIVO and a 12 month subscription (then argued who would get to pay for it next year, and the year after...and the year after that) Won't that be great if they are still fighting over the TIVO subscription 5 years from now because they want to pay for mom to have it?

My second opinion on Friday confirmed my 1st opinion. No mistakes have been made with my x-rays or scans. They didn't mix my results up with someone else's. I infact, have stage 4 BAC lung cancer. It is incurable and inoperable but like before, I was told we could do our best to confuse the cells from multiplying and spreading by taking a drug like Tarceva. I'm willing to try anything. The doctor was great and told me if this treatment doesn't work, that I would be a good candidate for a clinical trial. He said he would have started me on Tarceva or something similar as well, right from the start like Dr. Coughnour did. Now, I just wait and see. Dr. Eaton at the Cancer Care Alliance encouraged me to eat more, do the things in life that bring me joy and go for short walks. I'm ready for that. My next Dr. appointment to see if there have been any changes (my cough is better so there's a sign) is on May 23rd. Let's hope for the best.

Amy is hoping to get all the information on the Relay for Life today. As soon as she has it, we'll distribute it to the team members. We're still discussing what the Dream Team shirts will look like (it may end up being a surprise...) Again, even if your name isn't on the team list we still want you to attend Relay for Life and be a part of "our team".

Thanks again for all your love and support.

Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Queen Doreen...

I am glad that the family took you away this weekend, I was going to surprise you with a hired band (U2) and they were on board with the surprise but family does come frist!! Maybe another time!!
I can't wait to see what the team shirts are going to look like??? I am stoked to be a part of this great team!! I had better get my fanny out there and get some donations!!! Glad you like the new Doc. Biggest Hugs to my Homeslice..