Monday, May 04, 2009

Dr. Appointment Update

Today was a long, but great day. I learned some really important things regarding my last PET scan, the potential for a transplant and some unknown factors.

We met Dr. Jablons around 8:00 and he discussed the possibility of a transplant. Before I could ever be put on a list, I need to exhaust all my options. Chemo, chemo and more chemo if that's what it takes. I learned that I would not need to live in California before the transplant. There would be time for me to fly down because the patient whose lungs I might receive would not be taken off life support until I arrived in California. All of this brings some comfort to my heart, but I still don't know if this procedure is for me.

I met Dr. Jahan (oncologist) after my first appointment. What a great doc. Funny sense of humor and a very smart man. At first he thought the chemo protocol I've chosen to do would not suit me as well as another combination might. Then he reviewed my PET scan and said my lungs, lymph nodes and ovary all look "hot" and active. The research trial actually scans me frequently so we'll know sooner rather than later if this new drug is working.

Ok, enough about stupid cancer. Tonight Bonnie, her girls and I went out for dinner at the Irongate (not the Lionsgate). Oh my goodness. The food was the best I've ever had. Honestly!
My stomach is still hurting from all laughing we did. As I sat with her and her daughter's tonight I truly felt like I was with family. I really love these people.

Ok, it's getting late and I didn't sleep well at all last night. A little too anxious. Tonight, I'm going to sleep like a baby.

Keep Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: