Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cough update...

Whenever I'm having a bad (or sad) day and I write about it on the blog, I always think...Don't be so whiney, Doreen. Keep your chin up. Think positive.... Think of the starving kids in China (didn't your parents always say that when you didn't want to eat your dinner?)I want you all to know that I do think positive. I do have high hopes. We are going to beat this. But every once in a while, I have a little pity party with no cake or decorations...just a bunch of whining and pointing fingers and it's not very fun. So, I've decided that the next party I have will be with hats and martinis and music. You're all invited.

I bought a puzzle before Christmas just in case anyone was in the mood to put one together (we haven't done one in 10 years or so) and I took it out yesterday. I forgot how much I love to do them. Now my biggest dilemma is not about lung cancer and Rick's chemo, but whether I'll knit or work on the puzzle. It sounds like I'll need therapy sooner than I thought!

Oh, I forgot to mention my cough (I know...blah, blah....). I went to the doctor yesterday at my familys demand and they prescribed an antibiotic. Other than a little bug (and cancer) in my lungs, I'm perfectly fine, I promise. Rick gets his next round of chemo again on Tuesday and now we know what to expect, so hopefully we will be a little less anxious. Thanks for all your love and support!

I've gotta get going now, I have to do some actual work for my job. Yes, I still have one. Stop laughing. They still say they want me to come back to work when I'm ready... or when I run out of yarn, whichever comes first.

Love you more every hour...
Dor

No comments: